As an individual and couple's therapist, my goal is to provide you with an open and comfortable environment in which to explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, in order to address your personal life challenges. I know at times these life challenges can overwhelm us. When this happens maybe we feel totally lost, confused or even hopeless. I believe we possess the inner strength to overcome these difficulties, to feel hope, to heal and to experience growth. By working together I hope we can build collaborative relationship aimed at discovering your inner strength, removing hidden roadblocks and healing life's hurts, as we ultimately build a pathway towards accomplishing your goals.
I believe therapy is most effective when it is individualized to meet your needs. Thus, I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. Having been trained in a variety of therapeutic models, I predominately work with Attachment Therapy, Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy.
I have completed a Bachelor of Arts, Honours in Psychology, from Carleton University and a Master of Arts, Counselling, Psychotherapy and Spirituality (Specialization in Couples Therapy) from Saint Paul University.
I am also a member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, registration # 4273
Additional Workshops, Seminars and Courses
I believe it is important for myself to continue to further my education by all means available to me. I read a variety of books and academic journals and attend workshops/conferences. I have listed some notable workshops I have attended below.
- 5 Day Foundational Mediation Workshop: Richard Moore LL.B, C. Med, CFM, Cert. Med. IMI, C. Arb
- Promoting Erotic Intimacy: Peggy J. Kleinplatz, Ph.D.
- Suicide Intervention Training - ASSIST
- Ontario Regulations of Psychotherapy: CCPA
- Honour Based Violence Seminar: Algonquin College & Ottawa Police
- Happiness seminar, Dr. Timothy Lau: CCPA
- Drug Trends and Symptomology seminar: Drug and Organized Crime Awareness Service, Sergeant Pat Poitevin